Thursday 30 August 2007

Day Seventeen

Caramel sure is unpopular! Thank you all for the comments. I really think that the blogs and, most importantly, the fellow bloggers is the most crucial crutch in the whole Lighter Life program. I keep looking through blogs and seeing how people felt when they were at the same stage. Knowing that you all got through it gives me more reasons to stick with it.

I have noticed something quite worrying this week. I always knew that my entire social life revolved around going out to eat or drink but I am starting to notice that now I don't really have a social life. I think this is just made worse because I'm not at work at the moment. Next week when normal life resumes I will probably be happy to sit at home alone for the evening. At the moment I am not.

However, on the goal front things are still looking good...

Goal 1: All four packs consumed. Hurrah.
Goal 2: I'm on about three litres at the moment but I will drink at least one and a half before I retire.
Goal 3: Went to the gym again today. Just did the machines rather than a class but it is all good.


I am getting a lot of food cravings. I seem to have some kind of heightened sense of smell and want all of it. I keep trying to explain to myself (as advised by our LLC) that if I want it I can have it. No one is stopping me from eating it, but I am choosing not to. That whole Adult self thing. I seem to be convincing myself at the moment and really really want to be slim for Christmas. More than I want the chips. Although, I do want those chips. I am proud to say that not one illegal item has passed my lips. Only 83 days to go. Only? Jeeez.

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Hello

Just popping in to say - DRINK more water, particularly if you are at the gym. The water makes SUCH a difference.

Well done for everything else and don't worry about the social stuff, that will come in good time.

You're doing fine!

Take care. Mrs Lxxxxx

PS thank you for such lovely comments. That was very much appreciated.

Lesley said...

The 83 days will go in a flash - before you know it you'll beblogging about how you can't believe you're on DAy 62 and then it'll be the big 100 and then the angst about Development etc etc. it really does disappear.

Well done on what you've achieved and keep it up.

Re the social life, I still went out a lot, just drank water and black coffee and drove home when I got bored. Don't hide away too much.

Lesley x

Such A Pretty Face... said...

I can sympathise with the cravings and the heightened sense of smell, I find myself craving food so much that I sometimes think I could physically wrestle food out of the hands of people around me.

Well done on the gym. I am still working on improving my daily steps.

x