Saturday 25 August 2007

Day Twelve

So, today was a better day. Well, it kind of had to be better than yesterday. Last night my washing machine blew up filling the flat with smoke. I'm lucky to live in a building with a concierge so I rang him and he came up and helped me out. Thank God. I really didn't know what to do. But once we were out of the woods Jen and Mic came over and took me to the cinema. We went to see Knocked Up. Now, the trailers look rubbish. But it really isn't. It is actually a very well written, well acted, smart, awkward and genuinely funny film. Oh, and Paul Rudd is delicious in it. I recommend you go see it very soon.

Last night's adventures meant I had to wake up this morning and go buy another washing machine, which sucks as I really had not budgeted for such dramas. And I had treated myself to a Dyson this week so money was already stretched. I am sitting here watching Panic! At The Disco playing Reading and wondering when did I get this old. A treat is now a Dyson. A shopping trip is now for washing machines. Man, I wish I was 16 again.

But I started by saying that today was a good day. It was. My best friend Andy invited me along for a walk. The weather today was quite ridiculously beautiful. We walked from his in East Finchley up to Highgate, across Hampstead Heath and up to Parliament Hill and then back down to Kenwood house. Such a nice walk. I also had a chance to explain this whole diet to him and he had a chance to ask lots of questions. Andy is my drinking partner. And we do drink. He is also my dinner partner. We used to cook together all the time and go out for dinner at least once a week. Sunday nights were also our Chinese take out night. So this diet is affecting him a lot. He is completely supportive though. He grew up in a house of dieting women so this is nothing new to him. He is also used to having to adapt all his meals to the diet I happened to be on on any given week. It was quite a tough walk, and in the heat it was even tougher. I went straight home and into the shower and have done very little else for the rest of the day.

Think I'll head off to bed now. zzzzzz

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Andy sounds fab. Great to have a drinking and eating partner and now a walking one too! You should be able to buy one of those in B&Q!!

Have a good weekend.

Lesley x