Friday 24 August 2007

Day Eleven

So, I've missed a few days as I have been helping my parents move to their new house in Wiltshire. So, pretty hectic but it has kept me quite busy. However, it has not kept me away from food. For the first time since starting LL I had to shop for food, prepare food for others and sit and watch while others ate when we went out for 'dinner'.

On the upside my parents were very supportive about LL. Commending me on my will power and my aunt and my mum ate noticeably less than would normally as a way of coming out in support. My dad, who is a man of very few words, also said he was glad I was doing it.

I am finding the diet much easier when I am alone as I do not need to have anything to do with food. When that is the case I can do OK. But when I need to watch others enjoying food I can't. My motivation needs a kick up the proverbial. I am still deciding whether to go to the pop in tomorrow. If the outcome is good then I'll leave with the thought that it is all worth it and I will reach my goal. However, what if it's not? Not eating is bloody hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you for not succumbing, I've been finding it really hard to start properly so I can appreciate how difficult it must be when you are surrounded by the sights and smells of favourite foods! Keep it up, as you have made a fantastic start, and you dont want to jeopardise all your hard work so far! How fantastic that your family are so supportive as well, don't you love the little gestures that say so much more than words?

Well done and carry on with the good work!
Car x

Lesley said...

It's so strange how sometimes you can sail serenely past temptation and other times, for no apparent reason, smells and sights of food seem to dominate your whole world. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but I'm sure there is, either physiologically or mentally.

What is also true though, is that, once you have sucessfully resisted temptation and your world hasn't fallen apart and you may even have enjoyed yourself, it is easier to do it again. Likewise, once you fail to resist temptation and have a nibble, it is also easier to do it again!!

Take it from me - DON'T go there there!! Stick to abstinence as, once the genie is out of the bottle, it is bloody tricky squeezing the little beggar back in again.

I'm doing it now but I have only 10 days to go and have set myself that challenge which is sort of bite-sized (forgive the pun). When the diet stretched in front of me, eating was definitely hard to resist.

Anyway, good luck - you're doing really well. Keep it up.

Lesley x