Monday 20 August 2007

Day Five and Six - V Festival

The V festival was brilliant. I had a wonderful time - and it was so close! I didn't bother with the camping as I worried about trying to make up the food packs there. Instead I had a double shake in the morning before I left, and as my peeing on a stick was successful on Saturday's drop-in I was allowed a bar for the day time whilst I was there.

The abundance of food almost killed me at times. The whole site is packed with food stalls of every kind of food imaginable. Before I went I told myself that I had allowed myself to eat anything I like at all the other festivals I go to - but this time that would not be an option. It is so much harder when there is food EVERYWHERE. I really felt very hungry by the time it got to the evenings and was very tempted on many occasions just to plunge my face into the plates that were being carried past me. I think dignity was the only thing that stopped me! I think it was the smell rather than the actual need to eat.


The one thing I found a lot easier than I thought was the not drinking. I was worried that I would not enjoy it as much or feel as if I was missing out if I didn't have a cardboard cup of foamy beer. That really wasn't the case at all. Not drinking was easy. In fact it had a good effect on my group of friends - they drank very little as a result.

I tried to drink as much water as I could but did not hit the four litres. This was due to the toilet situation. The queues were about a half hour long so if I drank the right amount of water I would have missed all the acts. I hope this doesn't have a massive impact on my weight loss.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I took my shakes and had them there. Strawberry on Saturday and Banana on Sunday... Always good to have a bit of variety!

Actually I wasn't that tempted by the stalls. Dan had a fabulous looking hotdog with bacon and I did taste the bacon and I had about 10 french fries from his free burger & chips from the V stall - both on Saturday. No extras on Sunday. So I was pretty pleased with that!

Sandra
www.livejournal.com/users/kiwirevo

Jen said...

Was having issues with the ticker on my blog but think I've updated it ok now. The ticker site doesn't seem to do what I want it to, grrr.

Anyway, congrats to us both for getting through the first week and for having such a fantastic weight loss. Obviously it will slow down but definitely a good way to get started!

Jen xx

Lesley said...

Glad you had a good time - think I'm going to have to make the effort next year as everyone seems to have enjoyed it!

Well done for resisting and I'm sure the water won't make any difference as long as you get back to it the next day! Good luck for your first weigh in!!

Lesley x

beth said...

No food OR drink at a music festival -- that is seriously impressive. If you can do that, you can do anything!

Good luck with everything...