Monday 13 August 2007

The First Meeting

So, Monday evening. I went along to the first meeting today. I was anxious all day and keen for it to start. The counsellor is fantastic. I really like her. She is very down to earth and tells it like it is. I am so pleased about this as I have found in many other diets I have done - eg. Weight Watchers - that the group leaders are both uninspiring and generally uninterested.

Today there were eight of us, the counsellor - L - said that more would be starting next week and then the week after. I believe that you can only have twelve in a group - many more than that and I feel it would be too diluted. It is a nice group. Quite a mixture of ages and with varying amounts to loose. Today we introduced ourselves and received our 'goody-bags' of food for the week. I came home and colour coded them and placed them in a couple of baskets. In a very strange way I am looking forward to making one for breakfast. After all this thought it is finally starting!

We will be having a drop in on Saturday to see how we are getting on and check to see if you have reached ketosis. I am going to the V festival in Chelmsford on Saturday. I am a little worried about attending a music festival and not drinking! There is also the trouble of making the food packs - but I am not going to let it get in the way.

I've still not really told anyone what I am doing. I was at my parent's house today but didn't get a chance to really go into it. As soon as I have started I will let people know when it is relevant.

So the facts as they stand:

Starting point - 14 stone 12lbs.

It feels like I have such a long way to go - wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hello mate

I know I only saw you today but thought I would leave a comment for you as I have now seen your blog. So glad that we're finally getting started on this! We'll both do fantastically well I'm sure. Even though I too am mildly terrified (but flipping excited!!)

Jen xx

Lesley said...

Goooooooodd Luck!!!! To both of you.

It's a weird time at the beginning - you're excited but don't feel fantastic, nervous, wondering what other people will think, having to cope with the packs and getting organised etc. It'll all come together and your 100 days will race past.

try and fit some exercise in too to make it easier for you to transition back to food once you finish. That'll be sooner than you think as you're a relative lightweight at 14 stones - LOL!!

What's your target? How tall are you? You might like to get your self a ticker so we can see your sucess visually - I find that really helps! If you click on anyone else's ticker it takes you to the website where you can create your own!!

Well done for starting and I can't wait to hear how you get on. Especially since, apparently, I'm partially responsible for you starting on this crazy path.....!

Lesley x

Amanda said...

Good Luck and hope you cope OK at the festival.

I thought the 100 days would really drag, it seemed to stretch out before me forever, but it has absolutely flown past and I hope you'll find this too.

Do you have a target yet and I second the weight ticker, it does help you to see the weight coming off.

I found reading other blogs and writing my blog a great help.

Good luck.

Amanda x

Sandra said...

Hi - saw your blog via Lesley's. I'm going to V in Chelmsford too!

I printed off the instructions from the website and they have said no food/drink is allowed but they will allow you to bring in a plastic container of up to a litre, which you can fill at the taps on site.

I was planning to hide my packs and take the shaker as my 'legal' plastic container. I can buy water on site and have a second bottle to fill up for drinking.

I suppose you could try to explain that you can't eat the food they have to offer but I thought it probably wasn't worth the effort when the people on the gates will no doubt have a yes/no checklist.

I'm really looking forward to jumping about to The Killers but a bit gutted that Basement Jaxx are on at the same time...

Sandra
www.livejournal.com/users/kiwirevo