Tuesday 21 August 2007

Day Eight - So Hungy.

A good day as far as house/flat work goes. I really got stuck into getting rid of old clothes and 'stuff' that was kept for no reason in my one and only store cupboard. I live in a very small flat and really do not have room to keep all the rubbish I seem to hoard. I need to hit the wardrobe next. I am consciously waiting a few weeks until some of the clothes no longer fit me and that will give me a good reason to get rid of them.

I have really felt hungry today. I thought that this was not meant to happen. It was exacerbated when I went to my parent's house and they had fish and chips for dinner. The smell was amazing and I really wanted some. I then had to go to get some toiletries from the supermarket and everything looked tempting. I tried to avoid all other aisles but my eyes kept wandering. So, dear reader, I went along the aisles and set my eyes on what one treat I would have. I looked along the rows of different coloured packaging. I searched for the most exotic, most expensive and most indulgent option. Tucking it into my basket I began to imagine opening it at home, taking that first taste. San Pellegrino was the winning item. Yes, water. But.. Sparkling water. Look at me spoiling myself. Ah, well, whatever gets you through, as they say!


H. K. Duff VIII:
Well, Homer, your hunger strike lasted 12 amazing days.
Homer Simpson:
Me so hungy.
H. K. Duff VIII:
Of course you are, Hungry Hungry Homer. Why not break your fast with our brand-new Isotope Dog Supreme?

1 comment:

Lesley said...

9lbs off!! Great news.

Well done on the San Pellegrino - I laughed at that as my heart had sank (as you intended I'm sure you minx) when you were prowling the supermarket aisle!!

Keep it up soon-to-be-skinny!!

Lesley x