Wednesday 29 August 2007

Day Sixteen

Day 16, eh? They sure are clocking up. I'm feeling good today. I was pretty productive this morning and even went to the gym for a swim. Just having my lunchtime shake now and suckling on my water bottle.

I decided to set myself some goals this week. I working on the assumption of 'If I can keep them for one week, then I can keep them for two etc..'. So..

1. I will consumer four packs everyday.

Now I thought this would never be something I would have to try to do. I honestly thought that I would be trying to sneak in an extra one rather than trying to have four. Turns out I was wrong and given that these are the only nutrients I am getting I had better put that right.

2. I will drink 5 litres of water a day.

I had thought that the drinking of water would be hard as I never really drank water at all. Even when on holiday a few weeks ago - in the blazing sun - I still didn't drink it. I have got better and I can manage 4 now without a problem. I have read on many blogs and forums that drinking more water helps speed up weight loss so I am going to aim for five.

3. I will go to the gym at least three times this week.

I am a member of a REALLY nice gym. God knows why I don't go often. I think I am a little scared of it. Last summer I got into a really good habit and went very regularly then the new year came and I kind of gave up. So, back to the gym I go. I went swimming this morning and as I want to go back to Pilates I booked into that class too. Unfortunately it is on today at half six, so not really the paced out visits I meant. But I will go three times this week. At least.


My main reason for this is that I am very aware that the weight loss will probably slow down after the first couple of weeks so I want to help it out. Also, I will be back to school next week so I will not have the same sort of time to sit and think about myself. When other things get in the way I start to take short cuts and easy options, so if I can set up some good habits now I will try to keep them for.. well, for life.

It is very early in the game to be thinking about life after Foundation but as the blogs I read regularly are mostly at that stage it did get me thinking about how I need to really make complete changes to my life rather than short term solutions. I go out and eat too often and drink too much. A bottle of wine with dinner always meant a bottle each. After dinner drinks could go on until morning. I will need to learn moderation.

Last night I sat and read a lot of Mrs L's blog. This resulted in me hitting amazon.co.uk and I expect a little pile of books to arrive tomorrow. I am all up for complete submersion in this plan. I have lots of homework to do from this week's meeting including writing a letter to myself. So enough to keep me busy.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

The exercise really will help and you'll be in good habit when you reach goal. It's amazing how much easier and more pleasurable it gets as you lose weight too. I used to struggle but force myself; now I glide through it and positively look forward to running and sweating!!

Good luck with all your goals and well done.

Lesley x