Saturday 11 August 2007

The Induction meeting

Today was the Induction meeting. I woke up really nervous, or excited. I had pretty much made up my mind to join but I wanted to go with an open mind to see if I can see a real downside. I asked that very question - I liked her answer. She simply said - 'You don't get to eat or drink, that's the downside.' Nothing but honest. I like that.

So next step is the doctor. Well, the nurse. I have an appointment on Monday and I hope to start the program on Monday evening. I can't imagine there is any reason why I will not be able to go ahead with it. I've not told anyone else yet. Apart from my friend who is doing it at the same time as me. Well, it was her that told me about it. I think I want to start it before I talk to anyone else about it. I'm not sure what the general reaction will be so I want to start it without everyone putting their oar in. If I am happy, healthy, mentally stable and loosing weight then I will let people know. Is this a bad idea?

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Conn

Saw your comment and thought I'd pop in and see how you're getting on. I'm glad the blog was inspriring. Like you, I had no idea at the start of my LL journey whether it would work but was very positive and hopeful and the blog seemed liked a good way to document things.

It has worked for me beyond my wildest dreams and I really hope it does the same for you.

Good luck and keep blogging and checking in from time to time.

Lesley x

Lesley said...

Doh! I've just noticed that your name is Liz - hi there.

Lesley x

anita said...

Good Luck with your meeting on Monday, I started LL on 31/5 and found the first 7 weeks really easy. However broke abstinence on my hols and have spent the last week really struggling to get back into it 100%. I haven't updated my blog for ages mainly cos for some reason I can read and post comments on other blogs but not update mine at work - have teenagers at home so never seem to be able to get on home PC - have now bought my own laptop and intend to get back to blogging as well as the minimins forum which is also a brilliant support network of people doing a variety of diets

Anita x