Friday 10 August 2007

A First Time For Everything

So, I am going to be new to many things. Firstly, the blog. I've never commited anything to the interweb through a fear of who may read it. Essentially, however, with the amount that are around I can safely say I should not gather too much attention.

So, why am I doing this? Well, having read a few other people's blogs I can see that they have been an essential part of maintaining their mental state and their weight loss. And that is why I am doing this. Tomorrow I will attend the information meeting for Lighter Life. If all goes well I will be seeing a nurse on Monday morning and beginning the programme on Monday evening. I am midly terrifed and exceptionally excited.

Why Lighter Life? Firstly, and most importantly, I must lose weight. I've been carrying 4 or 5 extra stones of weight for too long. I have tried everything else. I did pretty well with Weight Watchers once but never got down to my goal weight. The Atkins worked well for a while too but after loosing a few stone I gave up on it. The same thing happened last year when I began another diet - lost almost three stone and then it all went wrong again. Slowly I have put a stone and a half back on this year. So I need to do something else.

I have a very good friend who has experienced the very same thing. It was her that told me about Lighter Life. She is beginning it next week after attending a meeting a few weeks ago. When she first told me about it I was pleased that she was going to do it but I thought that it seemed very severe. Giving up all food, and to make matters worse - drink! Sounds scary. As she explained to me why she is doing it and what she wants to get out of it I slowly realised that it is not a big price to pay.

So, tomorrow I will go to the meeting but I think I have made my mind up already. Ironically I am meeting friends for lunch today. I don't want to get talked out of it so I am not going to tell many people. Not until I have started it and discovered whether I can do it. I know that I am a determined person - but my biggest weaknesses are food and drink.

My plan is to use this blog to explain what, why and how I am doing this. I fear I have written enough for today although I could go on and on for hours. More later.

No comments: