Sunday 26 August 2007

One pound of fat = 3,500 calories.

Found this on MiniMins.com


Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?


It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Hello, just catching up with you again. Hope you are feeling better?

It took me a while to get into the programme but the four packs are an absolute must as is the water!

Sorry, sad but true.

Really hope you can ride the waves and feel better soon.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxx

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Hi

I've just been reading your latest posts, been a bit lazy with keeping up to date.

I too, have been feeling a bit pants of late - mainly because I haven't been eating all of my packs or drinking enough water-something I am going to try and address this week.

I loved the post about losing "only 1lb" -I want to link in to it(once I manage how to do it)

Have watched Knocked Up, found it v. funny, especially the scenes between the guys - and yes Paul Rudd is rather lovely - although I also found myself melting towards the lead male character!.

Hope you feel better soon.

x