Thursday 18 October 2007

Day Sixty Six

I'm not utterly sure why things are going so slow. The scales are just not shifting. I guess it's because I want to be loosing half a stone a week and that's just a phenomenon that is not going to happen. I've actually been more active in the last few weeks then I have been in a long time. I hoped that the increase in activity would reflect in the scales.

It seems as if two - three pounds a week is all I can expect from now on. I wish I could put it down to TOTM but as I have PCOS I've never had a reliable TOTM. I can go for three years without any sign. Yep, three years. I was hoping that with the weight loss I might begin to get a cycle but that does not appear to be happening. I would love to be proved wrong. Most of the websites I have read suggest that a healthy weight will cause the signs and symptoms of PCOS to go away. I really do hope so.

Despite the lack of movement in the scales I was totally decked out in size 14 today. This is amazing for me. So it is odd that I am still so obsessed with the numbers. I think this may be because I am focusing on the healthy BMI. I want to get below 11 stone. And that means the numbers on the scales must go down.

I couldn't be more tired at the moment. I am still feeling run down - despite the uplifting effect of the shopping trip. Could this be a reason for holding on to water? I'm drinking loads to try to wash out any germs as I can feel them collecting and forming plans in my throat. I'm going away for the weekend for lots of fresh air and sleep. And it is also half term this week so I intend to catch up on sleep and leaf kicking.


It seems to be pretty quiet on here at the moment. I hope you are all well and sticking with it!

1 comment:

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Yay!

Well done you on the size 14 jeans. You have done so well, not long to go till the end of foundation.

It feels fabulous when you slip into a smaller size comfortably - kinda makes all the bad days or the "what-the-hell-am-I-doing" days worth it.

I read your blog with interest because weight wise there are many parallels, we had almost the same starting weight and I too wanted to be in the 11 stone bracket for my birthday - I could almost be Catholic too - almost- not quite ;-)

(personal cheerleader time now - look away if your easily embarassed)

I just wanted to say a big well done and big big cyber hugs for getting this far and for abstaining the whole way through.


Here's to 11 stone bracket - you'll be there in no time.

xxx