Monday 29 October 2007

Day Seventy Seven

Ok, So I really wanted to lose 4lbs to get to the three stone loss mark. So I was overjoyed when, according to my scales - and just out of bed, before having a shower - I had made it Hurrah! Sadly the official weigh in showed a two pound loss. But a loss is good. Real good.

Talk tonight was all about what we were doing next.... The fill in LLC said - "Well next week is your last week and then we say goodbye and you decide whether to go into development or Management." Hang On.. I thought... Hang On one cotton picking second... This is day 77... according to my seven times table that makes next week day 84. So what gives?

She then went on to ask what I would like to do next. I have been pondering this very thing, and very kindly Mrs L has given some excellent advice. Now the thing is, I have never craved or really wanted to be skinny or even slim - just not fat. However the LLC seems to think that is what I want. I said I was happy to go into management at the end of the 100 days - she then spent a good ten minutes telling me that a) I should go into development and stay abstinent and, in the same breath, b) not to let other people tell me when I should eat/not eat! Now, is it just me or is that a tiny bit hypocritical?

I have also been talking to my friend about it, just now in fact. His analogy was about going for milk. When you are already out in the evening, he said, it is easier to walk that extra 15 mins and get the milk there and then, than having to get up and out in the morning and get it. Clear? Hmm.. But, yes. Maybe I should just keep walking that 15 minutes - or however many weeks it may take, than having to metaphorically get up in the morning and decide that I did want that milk after all. So much to think about.

In the back of my head I have decided that I will stick out the 100 days and make a decision then. In other news two black jumper dresses arrived in the post from asos.com today. They look great! Now I just need to be brave enough to wear a dress out! I am going to see Rufus Wainwright for the thousandth time on Wednesday - maybe I'll wear one of them then!


Ah, it is late and I have not got the car ready for it's service tomorrow. But I will set the alarm....

...I'll tidy up the rooms
And turn the covers down, and gazing at the moon
Will pray to go quite mad.....

Thank you Ms Ian.



3 comments:

Such A Pretty Face... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Such A Pretty Face... said...

Hi there,

Happy Birthday- it is today right?. Hope you have had a lovely day and got loads of presents and generally have people making a fuss of you.

Well done on all you have achieved so far.

My internet is on the blink so can't post til its fixed - thank god for work internet access.

Once again - Happy Birthday and hope you have had a lovely day.


xxx

Lesley said...

It looks as though I missed your birthday - hope you had a good one!

Well done on the 40lbs gone - that is great and you're pretty close now.

Keep it up and good luck whatever you choose to do.

Lesley x