Monday 24 September 2007

Day Forty Two





So a reassuring 6lb loss this week. It's amazing the impact that a lower number can have. As I posted on minimins I have been experiencing the increases in energy this week. As a result I have been ikea-ing my flat up a treat. I took out all the clothes in my wardrobe recently and created a very large pile of clothes that I can no longer wear. Fortunately my friend cam around last night and took many of them off my hands.

The days and weeks are flying past at the moment. Partly as I am back at school. The weeks have such a fixed structure that I barely have time to think and it's the weekend again. As I have been going down to visit my parents for the last few weekends I found it quite hard to be without a plan this weekend. I opted for a double "comedy" bill at the cinema on Friday - Run Fatboy Run followed by Superbad. I don't suggest you go and see either. Both were substandard. If you have any better suggestions I am looking for more films to see.

I spent all of Saturday at Bluewater. A lovely day, the only downside being the moment I had to walk by Yo Sushi. I LOVE Yo Sushi and can not wait til I can have salmon again. I am really looking forward to that meal! In the evening I found I had nothing to do so ended up having a bath and reading my book. A tad boring but relaxing all the same. On Sunday I spent the day with my Sister and her two boys. It was great as I do not get to see them all that often.


So, all in all a more positive me. And a smaller me. I can not help but think of the time I get to eat again! I still have three more stone to lose which is a long way to go. I am worried that it is just too much to lose in Foundation but I am not looking forward to the idea of not eating for longer than 100 days. I tried to explain to the Locum LLC today. She said that I was not to Love Food. I had to explain that I did. I love food. I love ingredients, I love cooking, I love tasting new things. When the abstinence part of the diet comes to an end I look forward to eating again. I'm also looking forward to not feeling the need to eat more than I actually want. I'm looking forward to not stuffing myself because it is there and I am looking forward to not looking as I did when I decided to start this.

Only 58 days to go....

5 comments:

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Hello you,

Wow - wel done brilliant loss! - your doing really well and I am glad to read your feeling more positive.

The increased energy levels do tend to creep up on you when you least expect it too.

I am more than likely going to be going into development after my hundred days too, so you won't be alone. I understand it can be hard looking forward and seeing endless days of foundation/development and abstinence, but the way I cope is to take it each day and then each week at a time. Whatever time and energy I am investing in myself right now is no more than I deserve and the same could be said for you.

I never thought I'd reach the 50 day mark, but I did, and I know you will too.

You are doing so well, I know that sounds like an empty cliche' but I do truly mean it.

Keep up the good work.

xx

Lesley said...

I'm pleased that you're beginning to really see the benefits so well done and keep it up. 6 lbs is a fantastic loss.

I'm a bit worried about your fixation on the 100 days thing though. I hope that, when you get to the end, you will carry on until you have lost all the weight you want to lsoe. this diet is a bit of a one shot thing, you've pretty much got to do it all in one hit. Loads of people struggle to get back on it if they want to lose some more. I would recommned that you stay in the zone as long as you need to and just get it over with.

Just my two pennyworth. I was just a little concerned that, if you focus so much on it only being 100 days, you'll struggle if you do need to carry on for a few weeks afterwards...

Well done though and the 3 stone will go faster than you think, honestly! Just keep doing what you're doing and the weeks will fly by.

Lesley x

Peridot said...

6lbs is amazing! Well done you.

love
Peridot x

Sandra said...

I am so with you on the loving food thing. My one concern about VLCDs that remains (after my other prejudices have been dealt with by experience) is that they make food the enemy. The message seems to be that food is merely fuel and the way forward is to focus on nutrition rather than enjoyment.

On the other hand, I understand that there has to be moderation BUT I envisage my life being one where I can enjoy the full range of foods and still maintain my weight. Surely the key is not OVEReating?

Anyway, I hope so and I have bought the Gillian Riley book in the hope it will help me get some perspective for later.

Sandra
www.livejournal.com/users/kiwirevo

Peridot said...

Ooh, Sandra - SO agree with you.

love
Peridot x