Sunday 9 September 2007

Day Twenty Seven

So, I have been quite absent this week. It was the first week back at school so I was never in the mood to write when I got home. I have still been keeping up with all my other favourite blogs. Today I have been looking back at other people's fourth week - just to see how they were feeling at this time.

I feel hungry a lot of the time. Not in a 'I want to binge' way - I would just kill for a bit of chicken, or a plain jacket potato. I'm finding it hard as the scales are still not budging. I guess I am not meant to be enjoying this - and I can not wait for it to be over. I know that if I was seeing the 3.5lb a week loss I could see I was getting somewhere but in order for that to be true I would have to loose 6lbs this week. That is not going to happen - at least according to my scales. So I start thinking - there has to be a better way. The only reason for doing this drastic diet is because of the drastic weight loss. Having been told that the first week is just glycogen, that makes 5lbs over three weeks so far. That is a slow weight loss, right?

I've still been sticking to my goals. I've had all four packs every day and have drunk at least four litres but usual between 5 and 6. I have also been going to the gym and doing both the cardio stuff as well as some toning machines. I certainly have not been piling on 6lbs of muscle - so I am not accepting that as a reason for no movement on the scales.

So, end of tether, awaiting weigh in tomorrow. And tonight I am going out for 'dinner' for a friend's birthday. Well, I am going about an hour late so I miss the food. I'm not alone at least. My friends Jen is also doing this and also going to dinner, late, with me. I'm looking forward to chatting to her about my crisis of confidence.

I think you can see that I am frustrated but hoping that I'll be returning with great news tomorrow.

2 comments:

Peridot said...

I really feel for you - I've had a tough time too with lower weights than average (and definitely less than I'd hoped for) but I'm still just about likely to squeeze through my 100 days with the 3st loss (23 days to go so fingers crossed). Do let us know how you got on at the WI - I'm hoping for a significant loss for you but hang in there regardless.

love
Peridot x

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Hi there,

Fingers crossed you will get the loss or as close to the loss as your hoping for.

My own losses have been low (to me at least)compared to those in the same class as me.

Minimins has such amazing stories of people losing significant amounts of weight in a significantly short amount of time. I know I am not one of those people a 4/5lb loss one week normally results in a 2lb loss the following week. Oh and those 4lb and 5lb losses are few and far between.

LL is hard and it's difficult not to feel frustrated at times (or frustrated most of the time if your anything like me)

Hang in there and good luck with your weigh-in
xxx