Wednesday 19 September 2007

Day Thirty Seven

I'm finding it hard to blog at the moment. I am still reading others but can't seem to get my thoughts sufficiently together to put them down.

I am still sticking with it, still not eating - still following the programme. I think the 1lb and then 2lb loss got to me quite a lot. Especially when I read of other peoples 6,7 and 8lb losses each week. I can justify it all and have every argument in my arsenal but it still annoys me. This week's loss was better but I feel now that I am in catch up - trying to get back on target.

I really shouldn't be upset, my clothes are fitting better - I really think I do look better. I just don't feel much better. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am not going out much or seeing my friends. I've not seen or spoken to my best friend in weeks, apart from the odd text. I'm not very good in my own company and as I live alone once I get home in the evening I do not speak to anyone.

Gah. Too much complaining. I used to joke with my friend - wouldn't it be awful to lose all the weight and just discover that you're ugly. However, now I'm thinking, what happens when you lose all the weight and you're still not happy.

Well, only 63 days to go. Only.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

You'll be fine chuck but maybe now's the time to start making some changes and getting out more?? You're not eating so you have time from all the shopping and cooking. Youcould stat a new hobby - all the Adult Education lasses start in Sept?? I'm hoping to do a belly dancing class!!

Just a thought.

Lesley x

Sandra said...

Try not to think about the big losses of other people. My big losses always follow a few bad weeks of lapses and is like the first week when you lose all the glycogen. It's almost embarrassing to claim the big losses because I think it says more about my bad behaviour in the weeks prior.

I'm in the same pattern now. Since my big loss on Saturday I have been eating carbs like they're going out of fashion. I don't know if I can abstain on the girly weekend so I fear a gain next week and, if I can get back on track, a big loss after that. But it is not a good way to do it!!!!

The other big losses could be from really tall women who need a lot more calories to survive and therefore the deficit between what they need and LL is greater.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is keep to your own journey...

Such A Pretty Face... said...

Hi there,

I know it can be frustrating with small losses or losses smaller than others, but like lesley pointed out on my blog maybe they had more to lose to begin with so therefore lost more on a weekly basis.

I had the exact same conversation with my sis about losing weight and still being "ugly" so I kinda know where your coming from.

As I lose weight I seem to be picking up more problems than ever so not sure if being thinner will make me happier.

I have no advice to speed up the losses, I try not to compare myself to others even though it's very hard and I really have to actively work to stay focussed on my own journey/weightloss

xx