Wednesday 14 November 2007

Day Ninety Three

So, sad news today. I am off to a funeral in Ireland. I am leaving tomorrow and will be back on Monday evening. I have not been to Ireland since my Grandmother's funeral which was ten years ago. I feel horribly guilty but I am glad that I have made the decision to join my parents. My Headteacher was great - there really was no problem with me going. At least that is a stress out of the way.

My family really are the traditional - "Ah, you will, go on with ya, you will, you are hungry, you must eat something..' types. So, the foodpacks should be fun! I don't want to find myself in a situation where I am making a scene but I reckon I should be able to just avoid the whole food issue all together.

I've packed my bag and will go into work tomorrow morning just to chase up a few unruly children. I will then pick up my parents and my aunt and go to Stanstead.


I am dreading all of this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Aw you poor thing, funerals and family gatherings are always tough situations for everyone. Stay strong and remember that it is always good to say a proper goodbye, rather than wish you had done at a later date.

On the food front, its YOUR body, your choices and noone should make you feel bad for trying to be more healthy, so no guilty feelings, ok? Hope it all goes ok, my family in Ireland is the same, when I go home for Christmas Ill have a job convincing my family that its actually ok to go to a pub and NOT drink beer! Hmmmm. Bit of a culture shock alright!

Good luck and take care, and sorry for your loss,
Car x

Peridot said...

Good luck, hope it all goes well and will be thinking of you.

love
Peridot x

Such A Pretty Face... said...

sorry to hear the sad news.

xx