Tuesday 20 November 2007

Day Ninety Nine

.... but day one of Route To Management ....

I didn't enjoy the meeting today. Not only did they not have any chocolate packs or new style bars, in fact only old style nut bars, but I felt really lost. Everyone is at different stages and talking about completely different experiences. I sat very quietly wanting just to know what I am going to do this week. Finally we were given the new books (one other girl has moved over with me). I couldn't wait to get home and start reading.

Having been so disappointed by the total lack of any packs I like and the fact that I had only had three packs so far I decided to make today day 1. I went to Waitrose and bought a chicken breast. I came home and covered it in salt and pepper and cooked it on the George Forman. I laid the table, first time in months and made a meal of it. It was so moist and delicious. Way better than I had thought it would. I really thought that I would be disappointed by the taste but I loved it and was not bothered by the lack of anything else on the plate. I ate very slowly and enjoyed every bite. I must say that I did eat the whole breast but it wasn't particularly big.
I even enjoyed cleaning and washing up after. Just for the novelty.

I then sat and read through week one of the book and planned out what I would eat this week. I then made up a shopping list which I will go tomorrow and purchase. How exciting!!!

I am meant to be going out for dinner on Thursday evening, well it is a jazz club and it is seated at dinner tables so food is not the main focus. I don't know whether I should go though. It could be too easy to break the rules and at this stage I want more control rather than less. What to do... What to do...

I did something very odd this evening too. I have been having cravings over many many things over the last three months but most recently it was Cheese and Onion crisps. Particularly Taytos from Ireland as I saw them there. When I was walking around Waitrose this evening I bought some. Honest to God, bought a packet of crisps. I haven't eaten them. They are just sitting in the kitchen. I am shocked how easy it was to just buy them. Not that they are a banned substance or anything but I didn't think I would manage to just buy them without stopping myself.

Hmm. Need to think about that one a bit more.

No comments: