Sunday 6 January 2008

A long, long, long way from the route to management - Day still not known

Argh. Confession time. I have slipped right back to old habits. Not entirely, by which I mean I did avoid getting take out, eating pizza etc, but I have been in some demented state and have been eating way too much.

New Year's Eve was a unmitigated disaster. I didn't avoid drink - and it led to a whole world of pain and misery. But the less said about that the better. However it has meant that I have been replacing my usual comforts with food. I have not shifted any weight. In fact this morning I am even heavier. The crooked thinking is working over time and I can't seem to shout it down.

The only positive is that I have been going to the gym and working off about 500 calories each time - but this is not enough. I had intended not to go back to the meeting until I had shifted the weight I had gained but at this rate it is not possible. I need to go back in and accept my wrong doings - and get back with the programme.

Route to Management works - I know it does. When I was reading the blue book - following the food choices, looking after myself and thinking about what I was doing it worked. So, for those of you starting RtM - stick with it. I need to seriously get back to it. I am going to assume I am on week 5 from this week. I will go back and read the books and start again from there. And another gym trip today.

No comments: