Saturday 8 December 2007

Day Nineteen - RtM

I have had a very, very lazy day today. I was so happy to see that the weather was so miserable which justified my keeping the curtains closed and the dvd box sets on rotation.

I'm not sure if I am doing the RtM correctly. I am keeping to the food lists - well, mostly. Without the structure of the food packs I am not sure if I am on the right road. I have a funny feeling that I have planned my own route this week.

So, where have I gone wrong? Firstly, I've been cooking the vegetables. Secondly, I have eaten some fruits and veg which are not on the week three list. Thirdly, I have been eating foods that I enjoy and like the taste of - and therefore probably more than I should. Take right now for example. I am not hungry at all. Yet I know what I have planned for dinner so I want to eat! This is what I have always been like. Not eating because I am hungry but because I love food - and enjoy the flavours.

Yesterday for example:

For breakfast I had some raspberries.

For lunch I had two clementines and an apple

For dinner I made a bolognaise with quinoa.

So - why is this wrong? Firstly - no foodpacks. Secondly I didn't bring any food into work so I ate what was on the table - the clementines and the apple. And finally because the bolognaise was so delicious, as was the quinoa, I ate more than I needed.

This is the first time I have tried quinoa so I thought I would experiment and make a breakfast version using an apple and apple juice. It was so delicious that I ate it for dessert. Now, that wasn't on plan. All the food choices were - but not the portions.

So this is why I think I have lost my way a little. I haven't planned everything out like I did in the first two weeks. So next week I will plan out my meals for the day to make sure I don't lose my way again.

Ahh, and I have been cheating slightly - well, actually, just cheating. A skinny gingerbread latte is not anywhere in the book - yet I have had three in the last two weeks. I also bought some chocolate toffees which I have been having a couple of each day. Not big binges just too much breaking of the rules.


My weight has stayed the same this week - no movement. But I guess that is the point of RtM. To maintain the lower weight you have achieved. It is just that when you get used to weeks and weeks of loosing weight every week you expect to see the scales moving. As I sit here I don't feel any different to how I did four months ago. I know the difference when I get ready to go out but at home, sitting in my pjs watching Xfactor there is no difference at all. I guess that's why the old food habits seem such an easy choice.

So - as for today.

Breakfast - Apple quinoa (all allowed - small portion)

Snack - 2 clementines

Lunch - Chocolate foodpack - as a shake

Afternoon - cup of tea.

Extras - a few chewing nuts (chocolate covered toffee things)


I am having the left overs of yesterday's dinner tonight for dinner.


I think I just need a lot more guidance and reassurance on this part of the programme. I really fell like I am just going it alone at the moment.

No comments: